From the Conference
- According to the nonpartisan Tax Foundation, the average American taxpayer will have to work through April 17, or 107 days into the year, just to pay his or her taxes for 2012.
- The average tax burden of local, state, and federal taxes is projected to be 29.2 percent of income in 2012.
- As President Obama and congressional Democrats continue their spending spree, the average taxpayer gets stuck with the bill.
- In 2012, the average American taxpayer will spend more on taxes than he or she will spend on food, clothing, and housing combined.
- President Obama and congressional Democrats want to raise taxes so they can spend more money on failed programs like Solyndra and Obamacare.
- Since President Obama took office, the federal debt has increased by a staggering 47 percent, to $15.6 trillion.
- Each American's share of the federal debt is now nearly $50,000.
- President Obama's spending spree hurts hard-working American families and small business owners.
- President Obama's failed policies have made the economy worse.