From the Conference
Jun 14 2012
- Today, in what was framed as a major policy speech, President Obama offered no new solutions to the ongoing economic challenges facing small businesses and the middle class.
- President Obama's policies have failed to make things better and have resulted in the worst economic recovery in over 60 years.
- Republicans continue to offer better solutions.
Over Three Years Later, Obama Offers No New Solutions
- Today's speech was another missed opportunity for the Obama administration to lay out a new strategy to help the over 23 million Americans who are either unemployed or underemployed.
- Obama continues to offer the same failed ideas of more government spending, more debt, and higher taxes on job creators.
Obama's Policies Have Failed to Make Things Better
- Obama's near trillion-dollar stimulus failed, and unemployment has remained above 8 percent for 40 consecutive months, which is a post-WWII record.
- Middle-class incomes have dropped $4,350 since Obama was elected, and over the past few years average household wealth has dropped almost 40 percent.
- In 2012, the deficit will exceed $1 trillion for a record fourth straight year.
Republicans Continue to Offer Better Solutions
- Reform the tax code to fuel economic growth.
- Stop job-killing regulations.
- Increase energy security to create homegrown American jobs.
- Cut reckless spending.