From the Conference
Feb 08 2013
- The president proposed the sequester and insisted it become law.
- Now the president wants to permanently increase taxes on Americans to delay the very sequester he proposed.
- House Republicans have twice passed legislation to replace the president's sequester with more responsible spending reforms.
- Republicans believe there are better ways to cut spending than the president's sequester, but will not go along with raising taxes.
- Americans understand that Washington doesn't tax too little, it spends too much.