From the Conference
Jul 06 2012
The Obama Economy Isn't Working
- Today's jobs report confirms what millions of Americans already know: the Obama economy isn't working.
- President Obama's failed policies have led to the worst recovery since WWII.
- Republicans have solutions to grow the economy and help create jobs.
Millions continue to suffer under the Obama economy:
- The president promised his nearly $1-trillion stimulus would keep unemployment below 8 percent, but June marks 41 straight months of unemployment at or above 8 percent.
- Over 23 million Americans remain unemployed or underemployed. Almost 5.4 million have been out of work for over one year.
- A less-than-expected 80,000 jobs were created in June, well below the 150,000 new jobs needed each month just to keep up with population growth.
President Obama's policies have led to the worst recovery since WWII:
- Over the past 28 months, President Obama has the worst private sector job creation record of any recovery since WWII.
- Under the president's policies, GDP growth is the slowest of any recovery since WWII.
Republicans have a better way:
- Reform the tax code to fuel economic growth.
- Increase energy security to create homegrown American jobs.
- Cut reckless government spending.
- Stop job-killing regulations.
- Repeal ObamaCare and enact common-sense, step-by-step reforms that protect Americans' access to the care they need, from the doctor they choose, at a lower cost.