Feb 27 2013
- The Senate will convene at 10:00 AM and proceed to a period of Morning Business for 1 hour, with the Majority controlling the first 30 minutes and the Republicans controlling the second 30 minutes.
- Majority Leader Reid hopes to begin consideration of Jack Lew to be Secretary of the Treasury today.
- Cloture has been filed on the Motion to Proceed to S. 388, the Democrats' Sequester bill. Unless an agreement is reached, the Senate will conduct a ROLL CALL VOTE on the Motion to Invoke Cloture on the Motion to Proceed to S. 388, the Democrats' Sequester bill, on Thursday, February 28th. It will be in order for Republican Leader McConnell to offer the Republican alternative today.
Updated: (11:24 AM)
- The Senate is considering Executive Calendar #26, Jacob J. Lew, of New York, to be Secretary of the Treasury, for up to 8 hours of debate, equally divided.
- Thereafter, the Senate will conduct a ROLL CALL VOTE on confirmation of the Lew nomination.