Jun 25 2018 06:51 PM
- The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to H.R. 2, the farm bill, post-cloture.
- The Senate will recess from 12:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. to accommodate the weekly policy lunches.
- Note: all time during recess, adjournment, morning business, and leader remarks will count post-cloture on the motion to proceed to H.R. 2, the farm bill.
Senator Brown: (6:41 p.m.)
- Spoke on General Motors.
- "For the 2018 models J.D. Power and Associates named the Cruz among the top two cars in its class. They named the Lordstown plant among the six top plants in the Americas. The federal government rescued the auto industry. Eight years ago I stood and actually drove one of the cars with Governor Strictland and others, one of the first cars off the line, one of the first Chevy Cruzes coming out of the plant. Two years ago I stood in Lordstown for the plant's 50th anniversary. G.M. estimated more than 10,000 people, young and old, families with children, workers who had been there close to - a few had been there almost the entire 50 years."