Vehicle for Iran Nuclear Bill (H.R. 1191)
May 07 2015 01:43 PM
Senator Merkley: (1:02 PM)
- Spoke on Iran.
- "I will oppose the adoption of any poison pimpled designed to undermine the viability of the negotiations. What's at stake is much bigger than the ordinary day-to-day politics of this chamber. The content of any final agreement with Iran is of profound significance to the national security of the United States, the national security of our allies, and to international peace and stability. I urge my colleagues to carry the weight of this responsibility, of this topic, of this process, this concern over nuclear proliferation and particularly proliferation that could put a nuclear weapon in the hands of Iran, and to keep our eyes on the prize. I urge my colleagues to work together in partnership with our president to develop and implement a tough, verifiable end to his request for nuclear weapons."
Senator Corker: (1:30 PM)
- Unanimous Consent –
- If cloture is invoked on the Corker Substitute Amendment #1140 to H.R. 1191, the legislative vehicle for the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act, that a point of order against all of the pending non-germane amendments be considered to have been made.
- Corker Amendment #1179 to H.R. 1191 be withdrawn.
- The Senate agree to Corker-Cardin technical Amendment #1219 to H.R. 1191.
- The Senate agree to Corker Substitute Amendment #1140 to H.R. 1191, as amended.
- The cloture motion on H.R. 1191 be withdrawn.
- The senate VOTE on passage of the H.R. 1191, as amended.
- (Without objection)