Sep 04 2018 07:23 PM
- The Senate will convene at 12:00 p.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and VOTE on confirmation of Executive Calendar #1061, Elad L. Roisman, of Maine, to be a member of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Senator Alexander: (6:20 p.m.)
- Spoke in tribute to Sen. John McCain.
- "I had wondered about that, frankly, because it's a long way to Phoenix, five-hour flight. Sometimes John took a connecting flight, and then he must have taken hundreds of trips around the world, so I wondered if he was really connected there as he was to the United States Senate. You shouldn't have any doubt about it because you're not going to get elected six times in a primary and six time in an election where both the primary and elections are competitive without being well connected to your state. He obviously is. Listening to those who remembered John in Phoenix, it was clear that John McCain kept his feet on the ground in are Arizona."
Senator Sullivan: (6:33 p.m.)
- Spoke in tribute to the Alaskan of the Week.
- "Mr. President, it's Tuesday afternoon. Usually I come down on the floor of the Senate on Thursday to talk about the individual in Alaska that makes my state such a great place, what we call the Alaskan of the Week. And we haven't been able to do that for a couple of weeks so I not I'd just move up the timeline a little bit today and talk a little bit about some people in my state who really have made an incredible difference. It's one of my favorite speeches I give throughout the year, throughout the week because it talks about people who help their community, help their state, help their country."