Jan 30 2018 10:18 AM
- The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and resume consideration of Executive Calendar #622, David Ryan Stras, of Minnesota, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eighth Circuit.
- The Senate will recess from 12:30 p.m to 2:15 p.m to accommodate for the weekly policy lunches.
- At 2:15 p.m the Senate will VOTE on confirmation of Executive Calendar #622, David Ryan Stras, of Minnesota, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Eighth Circuit.
- Note: all time during recess, adjournment, morning business and leader remarks will count post-cloture on the Stras nomination.
Senator McConnell: (10:04 a.m)
- Spoke on tonight's State of the Union Address.
- "We'll vote to confirm another excellent judge later today and the president rose to the occasion of a Supreme Court vacancy by filling it with an experienced jurist in Justice Gorsuch. On all of these fronts from America's pocketbooks to the ongoing fight begins ISIL there is more good news than I can begin to recite. I look forward to the State of the union tonight and hearing from our president. On behalf of all the Americans we represent, men and women from coast to coast, who are seeing the economy turn around and their country grow stronger before their eyes, I'm glad there will be so much to applaud."