Sep 04 2018 03:22 PM
- The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and resume consideration of Executive Calendar #1061, Elad L. Roisman, of Maine, to be a member of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- At 5:30 p.m., the pending cloture motion will ripen.
- Note: on Tuesday, August 28, cloture was filed on Executive Calendar #1061, Elad L. Roisman, of Maine, to be a member of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Senator Ernst: (3:03 p.m.)
- Spoke in tribute to Sen. John McCain.
- "And immediately I felt that bond with John McCain as a fellow veteran. And it was one thing, but he was truly - and it was one thing he was truly interested in. He had been through the political stuff with a lot of other stuff engaged in the United States Senate. What it was like to engage in a campaign. What he really took an interest in was my experience in the war in Iraq, and he asked me about my service, talked to him about the National Guard. All of those things he truly understood and connected with, and he really enjoyed that aspect of our discussion."