Jun 06 2018 10:32 AM
- The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and resume consideration of Executive Calendar #625, Annmarie Carney Axon, of Alabama, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Alabama.
- At 11:00 a.m., the Senate will VOTE on confirmation of Executive Calendar #625, Annmarie Carney Axon, of Alabama, to be United States District Judge for the Northern District of Alabama.
Senator Schumer: (10:11 a.m.)
- Spoke on the cancellation of the August recess.
- "But I agree with the president on one thing. Canceling recess is a great opportunity to get something done. In fact, I have a suggestion for what Congress should do. How about this, Mr. President? Why don't we get something done on the issue that numerous polls say is the number-one priority of Americans: healthcare. We Democrats, our entire caucus believes this previously unscheduled session time can be put to good use to finally help Americans secure the affordable health care that President Trump and congressional Republicans have thus far failed to deliver."
- Spoke on China.
- "As I have said many times before, I am closer to President Trump on trade with China than I was to either President Obama or President Bush. I want our president to succeed in winning real concessions from the Chinese on long-standing issues like intellectual property theft and market access. I believed that unlike previous presidents, President Trump was serious about being tough on China to achieve our goals. But week after week, I keep reading reports that President Trump and his team are not being tough with China."