Feb 12 2018 03:08 PM
- The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to H.R. 2579, the vehicle for the immigration bill, with the time until 5:30 p.m equally divided in the usual form.
- At 5:30 p.m, the Senate will VOTE on cloture on the motion to proceed to H.R. 2579, the vehicle for the immigration bill.
- Note, on Friday, February 9, cloture was filed on the motion to proceed to H.R. 2579, the vehicle for the immigration bill.
Senator McConnell: (3:03 p.m)
- Spoke on the president's FY2019 budget request.
- "With a bipartisan funding agreement now in place, Congress and the White House can work together to begin rebuilding our military, improve care for veterans, and tackle other urgent matters from disaster relief to the fight against drug addiction. I especially appreciate the president's focus on improving America's infrastructure. The quality of our country's infrastructure affects everything from our long-term economic future to working Americans every day -- Americans' everyday routines. As of 2016, nearly one in ten bridges in our nation is structurally deficient. The average commuter loses 42 hours per year to delays. And the average age of our inland waterways, locks and dams is over 50 years old. We're intimately familiar with this in Kentucky where we ship millions of tons of coal, agricultural products, and other cargo on more than 1,900 miles of inland waterways."
- Spoke on DACA.
- "As I have repeated many times, I will ensure that a fair amendment process gives senators the opportunity to submit proposals for consideration and votes. I hope this body can seize this opportunity and deliver real progress toward securing our border, reforming aspects of immigration policy, and achieving a resolution for individuals who are brought to our country illegal when they were young. The American people have heard no shortage of rhetoric on this issue."