Feb 05 2018 05:34 PM
Senator McConnell: (4:45 p.m)
- Spoke in tribute to Christopher Foley.
- "His truck collided with an Amtrak train carrying many of my fellow lawmakers. He was just 20, leaves behind a fiancé, Adriana and a 1-year-old son. All those who were injured in the accident are in our prayers, our heart-felt thanks are with the first responders who rushed to the scene."
- Spoke on government funding legislation.
- "Since the passage of the Budget Control Act, it has been increasingly obvious that current funding levels are not sufficient for our armed forces to accomplish each of the mission task that our nation asks for them. Secretary Mattis said that it will require new investment and short-term continuing resolutions harm the readiness of our forces. I'm pleased that we're making real headway on negotiations over spending caps and other important issues, but there's no reason why our war fighters need to continue to face uncertainty until all the other issues are resolve."
- Spoke on tax reform.
- "Last week U.P.S, the largest employer in my hometown of Louisville, Kentucky, announced a tax reform will enable them to have $12 billion to fund employee pensions many their chairman and C.E.O had this to say. We applaud president trump and congress for their bold action. Tax reform is a tremendous catalyst. On Thursday, another major American employer, Lowe's, announced it will give bonuses up to $1,000 to more than a quarter million hourly employees and expand family friendly employee programs."