Jul 12 2018 10:18 AM
- The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and resume consideration of Executive Calendar #686, Paul C. Ney, of Tennessee, to be Counsel of the Department of Defense, post-cloture.
- At 1:30 p.m., the Senate will VOTE on confirmation of Paul C. Ney, of Tennessee, to be Counsel of the Department of Defense.
Senator McConnell: (10:03 a.m.)
- Spoke on the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to be an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court.
- "Madam President, the president of the United States made a superb choice. He chose to fill a place on the nation's highest court with one of the nation's brightest legal minds. Judge Brett Kavanaugh brings unimpeachable academic credentials, as a student at Yale and a lecturer at Harvard. He carries over a decade of experience ruling from the nation's most consequential circuit court. Along the way he's earned the admiration and praise of his peers, legal professionals with all manner of judicial and political philosophies for his professional abilities and his experience as well as qualities that simply go beyond his resume."