Jun 21 2018 05:37 PM
Monday, June 25 -
- The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R. 5895, the minibus appropriations bill, as amended.
- At 5:30 p.m., the Senate will VOTE on passage of H.R. 5895, the minibus appropriations bill, as amended.
- Following disposition of H.R. 5895, the pending cloture motion will ripen.
- Note: on Thursday, June 21, cloture was filed on the motion to proceed to H.R. 2, the farm bill.
Senator Tillis: (3:41 p.m.)
- Spoke on Pastor Andrew Brunson.
- "For 19 of the months he was in prison, he was held without charges. A couple of months ago, he was finally charged and indicted and he was indicted on some of the most absurd charges you could possibly imagine. He was in jail on charges that wouldn't have a person in jail overnight in the U.S. He was imprisoned in October of 2016. Since then, he spent nearly 17 months into a prison cell that was designed for eight people and had 21 people in it. He's lost 50 pounds. He's keeping good spirit, but you can tell his mental state has diminished."
Senator Portman: (4:15 p.m.)
- Spoke on U.S. immigration policy.
- "As chairman of the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations, P.S.I., I have been investigating over the past couple of years the handling of U.A.C.'s, again, these kids that come unaccompanied. I've done this, therefore, both during the Obama administration and during the Trump administration. And from the work we've done over the past two years, I can tell you that the Department of Health and Human Services ant the Department of Homeland Security are not prepared to effectively deal with even more children, unaccompanied minors or those who come in with their parents. There are two key issues we need to address with unaccompanied children who enter the United States."