Feb 06 2018 06:57 PM
- The Senate will convene at 11:30 a.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of the House message to accompany H.R. 695, the Defense Appropriations Bill.
Senator Hirono: (6:12 p.m)
- Spoke on the Nunes Memo.
- "Mr. President, I rise today to denounce - this is a strong word but an appropriate word - to denounce the ongoing Republican effort to undermine the public's faith in important institutions all to protect Donald Trump from the Russia investigation. This effort is self-evident to any neutral observer watching "Fox and friends" reading the judge report or following the president on Twitter. And it has profound consequences for our country. Defending our critical institutions such as the F.B.I."
Senator Blumenthal: (6:28 p.m)
- Spoke on Russia sanctions.
- "I intend in a subsequent speech to go into great detail on that obstruction case. From what we know now through the public record, there is a lot more that the special counsel knows in his investigation, and he will be making use of it, both classified and unclassified sources. But we know now irrefutably and undeniably that there is a credible case of obstruction of justice against the president of the United States. It is credible and in many ways powerful and compelling. President Trump in fact has endeavored mightily to stop all of these investigations into Russian meddling into the 2016 election and his connections to it."