Jul 09 2018 06:52 PM
- The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and resume consideration of Executive Calendar #836, Mark Jeremy Bennett, of Hawaii, to be United States Circuit Court Judge for the Ninth Circuit, post-cloture.
- The Senate will recess from 12:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. to accommodate the weekly policy lunches.
- At 2:15 p.m., the Senate will VOTE on confirmation of Executive Calendar #836, Mark Jeremy Bennett, of Hawaii, to be United States Circuit Court Judge for the Ninth Circuit.
- Note: all time during adjournment, leader remarks, morning business, and recess will count post-cloture on the Bennett nomination.
- Note: on Thursday, June 28, cloture was filed on Executive Calendar #639, Brian Allen Benczkowski, of Virginia, to be an Assistant Attorney General.
- Note: on Thursday, June 28, cloture was filed on Executive Calendar #686, Paul C. Ney, of Tennessee, to be Counsel of the Department of Defense.
Senator Brown: (6:29 p.m.)
- Spoke on bank regulations.
- "Some of the regulators today who are in the Treasury Department in the Bush White House in the Fed in those days and didn't see the crisis coming turned their backs and said, it's okay to allow these dividends understand allow these - and allow these buybacks. The set often largest banks in the country increased their stock difficulties paid to investors by 24% compared to last year. The banks increase their repurchases by a stunning 63%. What teller, what salesperson, what branch bank manager in Lorain, Ohio or Miamisburg, Ohio, what seller got a raise like that in the last year?"