May 15 2018 06:09 PM
- The Senate will convene at 9:30 a.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and resume consideration of Executive Calendar #607, Mitchell Zais, of South Carolina, to be Deputy Secretary of Education.
- At 12:00 p.m., Senator Schumer or his designee will be recognized to offer a motion to proceed to S. J. Res. 52, the net neutrality CRA.
- Following disposition of S. J. Res. 52, all time will be yielded back on the Zais nomination at the Senate will VOTE on confirmation of Executive Calendar #607, Mitchell Zais, of South Carolina, to be Deputy Secretary of Education.
Senator Grassley: (5:42 p.m.)
- Spoke on National Police Week.
- "There is no more noble sacrifice than laying down your life in the service of others. Every year more than a million law enforcement officers work to keep our country safe and to serve the needs of our communities. Our law enforcement officers put their lives on the line as they fight crime. And each year law enforcement officers die in the line of duty. Many of these deaths occur while these officers are investigating crimes and enforcing our laws. Some are even the result of targeted violence against police officers."