Jun 17 2015 05:12 PM
- The Senate will convene at 9:30 AM.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will be in morning business for one hour, with Republicans controlling the first half and Democrats controlling the second half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R. 1735, the National Defense Authorization Act.
- Note: Cloture has been filed on the motion to proceed to H.R. 2685, the Defense Appropriations bill.
Senator Moran: (4:59 PM)
- Spoke on the Electric Cooperative Youth Tour.
- "I rise this evening in support of more than 1,700 high school students who happen to be in our nation's capital in fact this week. They are part of the Electric Cooperative Youth Tour. During this year's tour, students will participate in leadership training and gain firsthand insight into the legislative process. And those electric cooperatives that sponsor these kids coming to Washington, D.C. from my state, yours and every other state across the country, electric cooperatives are more than just polls and wires. They're about people and communities. And recognizing that youth are the future of those communities is what the rural electric cooperative program is all about."