Oct 05 2018 09:50 AM
- The Senate will convene at 9:30 a.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session and resume consideration of Executive Calendar #1127, Brett M. Kavanaugh, of Maryland, to be an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Under the rule, at 10:30 a.m. the Senate will VOTE on cloture on Executive Calendar #1127, Brett M. Kavanaugh, of Maryland, to be an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.
Senator Grassley: (9:33 a.m.)
- Spoke on the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to be an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court.
- "Justice Kennedy announced his retirement from the supreme court. Shortly thereafter on July 9 the president announced - announced the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to serve as the newest justice. Judge Kavanaugh has spent 25 years of his career in public service. He's spent the last 12 years on the D.C. Circuit, considered the second most important federal court in the country. His record there has been extremely impressive because the Supreme Court is, as an example, adopted Judge Kavanaugh's opinions no fewer than a dozen times. Judge Kavanaugh is also a pillar in his community and also in the legal profession."