Jul 31 2018 08:19 PM
- The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R. 6147, the minibus appropriations bill.
- At 11:00 a.m., the Senate will VOTE in relation to the following amendments in relation to H.R. 6147, the minibus appropriations bill, in the order listed: Leahy Amendment 3464, with a 60-vote threshold required for adoption; Lee Amendment #3522, with a 60-vote threshold required for adoption; Baldwin Amendment #3524, with a 60-vote threshold required for adoption; and Cruz Amendment #3402.
- Following disposition of the Cruz Amendment, the Senate will VOTE on passage of H.R. 6147, the minibus appropriations bill, as amended.
- Note: on Thursday, July 26th, cloture was filed on the conference report to accompany H.R. 5515, the NDAA.
- Note: the cloture motion with respect to H.R. 6147, the minibus appropriations bill, has been withdrawn.
Senator Moran: (7:35 p.m.)
- Spoke on the minibus appropriations bill.
- "I appreciate the kind remarks and the comments about the appropriations process and bill by the ranking member, otherwise chairman of the committee. In this package of appropriation bills is the FSGG that was just talked about by the senator from Oklahoma, the chairman of that subcommittee of which I'm a member. But tonight I want to speak about an aspect of that appropriations bill. I want to speak on the evolving threats in cybersecurity that not only pose harm to individual Americans but also to federal agencies that are tasked with ensuring the economic and national security of our nation. In recent years, it has become clear that threats in cybersecurity are rapidly."