Jul 12 2018 05:16 PM
Monday, July 16 -
- The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to begin consideration of Executive Calendar #936, Scott Stump, of Colorado, to be an Assistant Secretary of Education, with the time until 5:30 p.m. equally divided between the two leaders or their designees.
- At 5:30 p.m., the Senate will VOTE on confirmation of Executive Calendar #936, Scott Stump, of Colorado, to be an Assistant Secretary of Education.
- Note: on Thursday, July 12, cloture was filed on Executive Calendar #595, Randall Quarles, of Colorado, to be a member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve.
- Note: on Thursday, July 12, cloture was filed on Executive Calendar #892, Andrew S. Oldham, of Texas, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Fifth Circuit.
- Note: on Thursday, July 12, cloture was filed on Executive Calendar #903, Ryan Wesley Bounds, of Oregon, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit.
Senator Rubio: (4:39 p.m.)
- Spoke on American foreign policy.
- "So I think because - this is the reason why other presidents have met with Putin or whoever the leader is of the Russian Federation and that's why those meetings are important and will continue. That said, it is important when we analyze these meetings and what we hope they're about and what we hope they produce to understand not just who you're meeting with and what they do but to understand why they're doing it. If you do not understand what the other side wants and what motivates them, then the meetings are not nearly as productive and neither is our analysis or the suggestions we make about our policy towards that country. First, it's understanding Vladimir Putin."