Apr 17 2018 06:29 PM
- The Senate will convene at 9:30 a.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of S. J. Res. 57, the auto lending CRA, with the time until 12:00 p.m. equally divided between the managers or their designees.
- At 12:00 p.m., the Senate will VOTE on adoption of S. J. Res. 57, the auto lending CRA.
- Following disposition of S. J. Res. 57, the Senate will VOTE on cloture on the motion to concur in the House Amendment, with a further amendment, to S. 140, the vehicle for the Coast Guard reauthorization bill.
- Under a previous order, at 1:00 p.m. the Senate will resume consideration of Executive Calendar #376, Carlos G. Muniz, of Florida, to be General Counsel of the Department of Education with one hour of debate remaining equally divided between Senator Gillibrand or her designee and Senator Alexander or his designee on the nomination.
- Following the use or yielding back of that time, the Senate will VOTE on confirmation of Executive Calendar #376, Carlos G. Muniz, of Florida, to be General Counsel of the Department of Education.
- Note: on Monday, April 16, cloture was filed on Executive Calendar #609, James Bridenstine, of Oklahoma, to be Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
Senator Thune: (6:19 p.m.)
- Spoke on Coast Guard reauthorization.
- "Finally, it provides needed regulatory certainty for recreational and commercial vessel operators while ensuring strong environmental protections for our nation's waterways. Mr. President, we're going to have an opportunity to vote on this tomorrow. I urge my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to support the men and women of the coast guard and to support this bipartisan legislation that has been negotiated for weeks, months, and years to bring us to where we are today, working to accommodate the concerns of individual senators on both sides of the aisle but finding a balanced Bill that should attract broad bipartisan support."