Jun 15 2015 02:39 PM
Senator Durbin: (2:11 PM)
- Spoke on immigration.
- "The fact you spent your entire life here means nothing, the fact that you're an exceptional student mean nothing, leave? It sounds like a harsh point of view but shared by many in Congress. This last weekend I took my grandkids, my wife and I did, out to the Statue of Liberty in Ellis Island and I took a look there at that statue and was reminded we are a nation of immigrants. I was blessed my mother came to this country as an immigrant and I stand on the Senate floor trying to do my best to make it a better country. There are people like Denise Rojas who want to make this a better country. DACA has given them that chance. Today we celebrate the third anniversary of this executive order but more importantly, we celebrate who we are, a nation of immigrants, always striving to make life better for the next generation."
Senator McCain: (2:25 PM)
Unanimous consent –
- Tuesday, June 16, at 11:30 AM, the Senate VOTE on McCain-Feinstein amendment #1889 to H.R. 1735, the NDAA.
- Tuesday, June 16, at 2:15 PM, the Senate conduct up to three VOTES on:
- Ernst amendment #1549 to H.R. 1735;
- Gillibrand amendment #1578 to H.R. 1735; and
- Motion to invoke cloture on McCain substitute amendment #1463.