Aug 16 2018 04:37 PM
Monday, August 20 -
- The Senate will convene at 3:00 p.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R. 6157, the minibus appropriations bill.
- At 5:30 p.m., the Senate will VOTE in relation to Menendez Amendment #3705 and then Fischer Amendment #3706 in relation to H.R. 6157, the minibus appropriations bill.
- Note: the following amendment is pending to H.R. 6157, the minibus appropriations bill: Shelby Amendment #3695.
- Note: the following amendments are pending to Shelby Amendment #3695 to H.R. 6157, the minibus appropriations bill: McConnell Amendment #3699, Menendez Amendment #3705, Fischer Amendment #3706.
Senator Sullivan: (4:05 p.m.)
- Spoke in tribute to the Alaskan of the Week.
- " Mr. President, it's Thursday, even though we had a bit of a short week in the Senate, it's one of my favorite times of the week here in the Senate because I get to talk about the Alaskan of the Week, which is a recognition we give to somebody who's doing something important in our state. I can see by the smile on the pages' faces it's their favorite time of the week too because we talk about Alaska, talk about somebody who is making a difference. Maybe it's a difference just in their local community, maybe it's state, maybe it's nationwide. But what I really enjoy doing in this speech every week is not just highlighting my great state, and, of course, we all think our states are great."