Mar 13 2018 10:09 AM
- The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m.
- Following leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of S. 2155, the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act.
- The Senate will recess from 12:30 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. to accommodate the weekly policy lunches.
- Note: on Thursday, March 8, cloture was filed on S. 2155, the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act.
- Note: on Thursday, March 8, cloture was filed on Executive Calendar #598, Kevin K. McAleenan, of Hawaii, to be Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
Senator McConnell: (10:03 a.m.)
- Spoke on tax reform.
- "In less than three months since historic tax reform became law, less than three months since we cut taxes significantly for middle-class families by lowering rates and increasing the standard decades. Since we created deductions to help small businesses keep more of what they earn and purchase equipment more easily, by leveling the playing field by making corporate tax rates more competitive, which will boost future wages for workers, it's a common theme here. Each part of this bill was built on the simple idea that American workers, job creators and middle-class families know best what to do with their own hard-earned money. Our Democratic friends don't seem to share that notion."