- This week is the fourth straight week of record-high gas prices for the month of September.
- According to the Energy Information Administration, gasoline prices have averaged a post-Labor Day record of $3.91 per gallon for the month of September.
- Gasoline prices have more than doubled since President Obama took office.
- In 2008, then-Senator Obama promised that his energy policies would make costs “skyrocket.” As president, his failed energy policies have kept that promise.
- Senate Republicans continue to offer solutions to reduce prices at the pump.
President Obama’s policies have led to record gas prices:
- President Obama continues to block the Keystone XL pipeline and the 20,000 jobs it would create.
- Under President Obama’s failed leadership, oil production from federal areas dropped 14 percent in 2011, and his five-year leasing plan prohibits oil and gas exploration off the Atlantic and Pacific coasts.
- President Obama’s “Tier 3” gasoline standards will increase the cost of producing gasoline by 9 cents per gallon.
Senate Republicans continue to offer solutions to reduce families’ pain at the pump:
- Approve the Keystone XL pipeline, which will create thousands of jobs and strengthen America’s energy security
- Open more offshore and onshore areas and streamline permitting to increase production
- Stop expensive federal regulations that are driving up the cost of energy