Oct 05 2012
- The September unemployment report revealed the deep and continued economic pain millions of Americans are suffering in the Obama Economy.
- Americans are desperate for a real economic recovery.
- President Obama’s policies have led to the worst recovery since WWII.
Disappointing September Jobs Report:
- After 43 straight months of unemployment above 8 percent, unemployment dropped below 8 percent for the first time since the president took office nearly four years ago.
- While any decrease in the unemployment number is welcome news, an unacceptable 23.2 million Americans are out of work or underemployed.
- A net 61,000 jobs have been lost since President Obama took office, and over 600,000 manufacturing jobs have disappeared.
- A primary reason the unemployment rate fell is that the number of part-time workers unable to find full time work dramatically increased by 582,000 in September.
- 114,000 jobs were created in September, but 150,000 new jobs are needed just to keep pace with population growth.
Desperate for a Real Recovery:
- The president promised his nearly $1-trillion stimulus would have reduced unemployment below 5.6 percent by now.
- The number of unemployed women has increased by 451,000 since President Obama took office.
- 1.1 million workers have left the workforce in the past year, and the labor force participation rate remains near a 30-year low at just 63.6 percent.
- 66 percent of small businesses, which account for most new jobs, say the climate for their businesses has worsened in the last two years.
Worst Recovery Since WWII:
- The president has presided over the worst recovery since WWII and the worst recovery in the developed world since 1970.
- After 44 months in office, the Obama White House has the highest unemployment rate of any administration since Franklin Delano Roosevelt.