Dec 21 2012
- The House of Representatives has passed bills to prevent a massive tax hike on all Americans, replace the sequester with responsible spending cuts, and meaningfully address our nation’s ballooning national debt.
- There’s no excuse for inaction—Senate Democrats should take this legislation up and amend it if they so choose.
- The longer Majority Leader Reid sits on the sidelines, the closer America gets to the fiscal cliff.
House Republicans have acted:
- House Republicans have passed legislation that would protect all Americans from the looming tax hike.
- In addition to preventing the tax increase, House Republicans have acted to replace the sequester with responsible spending cuts.
- The House has taken action to meaningfully address Washington’s out-of-control spending and dangerous national debt.
It’s time for Senate Democrats to act:
- Yesterday, Senate Majority Leader Reid stated, “We are not going to take up anything they are working on [in the House].”
- Senate Democrats can continue to point fingers and blame, or they can take up the House-passed legislation.
- Unless Senate Democrats join with House Republicans in passing a bill to avert the fiscal cliff, taxes will rise on every American taxpayer.
The longer Majority Leader Reid sits on the sidelines,
the closer America gets to the fiscal cliff.