Jul 27 2012
- On Monday, President Obama said that we tried his economic plan and “it worked.”
- Today, we found out economic growth has slowed significantly to a dismal 1.5 percent.
- The president’s economic plans have not worked, and millions continue to struggle.
- Despite the weak economy, Democrats continue to push for higher taxes on America’s job creators.
Earlier This Week, President Obama Said:
- “We tried our plan, and it worked.”
Slow Economic Growth Shows the President’s Plan Isn’t Working:
- Today, the Department of Commerce reported that second-quarter GDP growth was 1.5 percent, down from 2 percent last quarter.
- President Obama’s policies have resulted in the worst recovery in the past 60 years and have left 23 million Americans unemployed or underemployed.
President Obama and Senate Democrats Continue to Push for Higher Taxes Despite Slow Economic Growth:
- This week, 51 Senate Democrats voted to increase taxes on nearly one million businesses.
- Just two years ago, during a period of stronger economic growth, 40 current Senate Democrats voted to extend rates for all Americans.