From the Conference
Sep 07 2012
- The August jobs report confirms what 23 million Americans already know: the Obama economy isn’t working.
- Only 96,000 jobs were created, and the unemployment rate was 8.1 percent, with over 350,000 people giving up their search for work.
- President Obama’s failed policies have led to the worst recovery since WWII.
Millions continue to suffer under the Obama economy:
- The president promised his nearly $1-trillion stimulus would have reduced unemployment below 6 percent by now, but August marks 43 straight months of unemployment above 8 percent.
- 23.1 million Americans remain unemployed or underemployed, and 5 million have been out of work for over one year.
- In another sign that workers are giving up hope in the Obama economy, the labor force participation rate dropped to just 63.5 percent, which is a new 30-year low.
- The number of unemployed women has increased by almost 700,000 since President Obama took office.
- The U.S. manufacturing sector has contracted for three consecutive months.
President Obama’s policies have led to the worst recovery since WWII:
- Over the past 30 months, President Obama has had the worst private-sector job creation record of any recovery since WWII.
- The president presided over the worst recovery since WWII.
- The Obama economy has led to the worst recovery in the developed world since 1970.